STILL TIME TO REGISTER!
SmartTeams Play Safe™: Protecting the Health & Safety of the Whole Child In Youth Sports By Implementing Best Practices
Monday September 15, 2014
Joseph B. Martin Conference Center
Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Cost: $45.00 (includes lunch and reception)
There are still seats and sponsorship opportunities available for our groundbreaking summit in Boston. Join us as a stellar roster of national experts give educational, “TED-talk”-style presentations on youth sports health and safety best practice recommendations and we celebrate the launch of MomsTEAM Institute’s innovative SmartTeam™ program implementing those best practices in six pilot programs around the country in the fall of 2014.
Experts will show how, by following best practices, we can stem the rising tide of injuries that have become an all-too-common and unfortunate by-product of today’s hyper-competitive, overspecialized, and over-commercialized youth sports environment.
Among the speakers will be:
– Brian Hainline, MD, Chief Medical Officer, National Collegiate Athletic Association
– Doug Casa, Ph.D, ATC, FACSM, FNATA, Chief Operating Officer of the Korey Stringer Institute at the University of Connecticut and the country’s leading expert on exertional heat illness and sudden death in athletes
– Rosalind Wiseman, best-selling author of Queen Bees and Wannabesand Masterminds & Wingmen, and leading parenting educator
– Lyle Micheli, MD, Director of the Division of Sports Medicine, Boston Children’s Hospital and a pioneer in pediatric sports injury prevention
– Brooke de Lench, producer, THE SMARTEST TEAM: Making High School Football Safer (PBS) and author of Home Team Advantage.
– Joe Ehrman, former National Football League player and author ofInSide Out Coaching.
– Neehru Jayanthi, MD, USPTA, Associate Professor, Family Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery & Rehabilitation, Loyola (Chicago) Stritch School of Medicine, and a leading expert on pediatric overuse injuries and the dangers of early specialization.
To register, click here.
For more information about the conference, click here.
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES ARE STILL AVAILABLE! To sponsor this landmark event, click here or send an email toinfo@MomsTEAM.com.
About MomsTEAM Institute and MomsTEAM.com
Launched in August 2000, MomsTeam.com has grown over the last 15 years, both in terms of content and reputation, to the point that it now has 10,000 + pages of information for youth sports parents and has become the most trusted source of sports parenting information, widely recognized as one of, if not the, top websites of its kind.
MomsTeam Institute, Inc. is a Massachusetts non-profit corporation formed in 2013 to continue and expand on MomsTEAM’s mission of providing comprehensive, well-researched information to youth sports parents, coaches, athletic trainers, and other health care professionals about all aspects of the youth sports experience.